The Top and Toe treatment is a wonderful combination of facial reflexology and foot reflexology, meaning that reflex points and zones are worked from both ends of the body in the same treatment. This involves comforting and soothing face work using only the best organic oil, before I move to the feet and give a thorough and invigorating reflexology treatment.
Are there any added benefits from having both facial and foot reflexology?
Not only does this treatment feel wonderful, but it has some great extra benefits too!
- Due to the proximity of the facial reflexes to the cranial nerves, this means that the body gets a more powerful relaxation signal from the treatment, allowing you to relax more thoroughly. It also means that the nerve impulses coming from the reflex zones and areas being worked are stronger, as they have less far to travel to the brain.
- The deep feeling of relaxation that comes from the facial reflexology puts your body in a more receptive state to allow for the foot reflexology to be more effective.
- As with any manual manipulation of muscles, the facial reflexology allows for better muscle tone on the face, helping lymph to drain away and encouraging good circulation – so your skin can get rid of its waste products and receive the nutrients it needs more easily. The result of all this is that you’ll leave with a glow, both on the inside and the outside, as your skin will start to look visibly better and lines may soften with the tightening of the muscles. You’ll both look and feel rejuvenated!
What happens in a Top and Toe treatment?
- Your first treatment will start with a discussion of your medical history. This will be kept confidentially, and will be used to tailor your treatments specifically to you. All other treatments will begin with a quick checkup to see if anything has changed since the previous treatment.
- Your face will be given a refreshing wipe over with totally organic wipes containing soothing green tea and aloe vera. Even the cotton is organic!
- A nourishing organic oil will be applied to your face via soothing and uplifting massage techniques. Whether you’re male or female, these oils smell amazing too.
- Specialist techniques will be applied to the face to relax and de-stress you, and help you achieve the right mindset for true focus.
- The feet will be given a refreshing wipe over, which feels so good if they’ve been shut up in shoes all day!
- A nourishing home made balm will be applied through soothing massage to the feet and lower leg (up to the knee).
- Specialist techniques will be applied to every aspect of the feet, locating and easing away any centres of imbalance your therapist finds.
- Should you wish it, a sumptuous cream will be applied through another soothing massage to lock in the balm’s moisture and leave you walking on air!
What should I expect after a treatment?
Most people find that on the whole, their treatment is very relaxing, and they come away feeling sleepy and relaxed. Some people find they need to visit the toilet a little more or feel a little tearful in the hours following a treatment, as the relaxation causes the body to release things it may have been holding in before. Rarely, some people may find their problem gets a little worse before getting better, or feel like a slight cold is coming on – however, this usually passes within 24 – 48 hours if you keep yourself well hydrated.
Will you achieve your treatment aim within a treatment? You never know – for some, I have seen dramatic improvement, and for others a much slower progression. The only way you can know is to try it!
How much does this cost?
The Top and Toe treatment costs £60.
Getting the best value for money from your treatment
You can gain extra value for money through paying for a series of treatments up front.
Another way you can get the most out of your treatments is by letting me know you are interested in learning some self help techniques. These are simple techniques I can show you on your hands that you can apply in between treatments. Not everyone wants homework from their lovely, relaxing treatment and that’s ok – these techniques are only for those who’d like a bit more in between treatments to support my work in helping them achieve their treatment aims.